image source: Unsplash
So, you enjoy taking pictures but don’t enjoy carrying a camera around everywhere with you? We totally get it. Especially if you have a large camera with you, it can get tiring carrying it around for long periods of time. Fortunately, all of this can be fixed by using one of the best camera straps to carry your camera around instead.
If you’ve never used one, you’re missing out. In this article, we will talk about camera straps that are worth looking at, and maybe by the end, you’ll be ready to pick one that suits you. Are you ready to start? Let’s go!
1. What Are Best Camera Straps?
The best camera straps are straps that are both comfortable and strong enough to keep your camera from falling.
2. Do I Need a Camera Strap?
If you plan on taking pictures for any long length of time, having one of the best camera straps will help make the experience much more enjoyable. Nobody wants to lug around a camera for a long time.
How We Reviewed
image source: Unsplash
We wanted to create this list for those people out there who love photography and are interested in different camera straps. It took a lot of time and research to make sure we learned as much information as possible about these straps and feel we have come up with a very competent list. The main parameters we took into account to form our opinions in this article are the prices, sturdiness, and aesthetics of the camera straps.
Overall Price Range
The straps that we have reviewed here are within the price range of $5-$30.
What We Reviewed
- Peak Design Cuff Camera Wrist Strap
- USA GEAR TrueSHOT Camera Strap with Black Neoprene Pattern
- Altura Photo Rapid Fire Camera Neck Strap
- Nordic Flash Waterproof Camera Float – Pack of 2
- Nicama CS1 Rapid Action Camera Shoulder Neck Sling Strap
- BESTTRENDY Universal Camera Neck Shoulder Strap
- Eggsnow Universal Camera Neck Shoulder Strap
- Scarf Camera Strap with Hidden Pocket
- TARION Camera Shoulder Neck Strap Vintage Belt
- OP/TECH USA Mirrorless Strap
Peak Design Cuff Camera Wrist Strap
- Ultralight quick-connecting camera wrist strap cinches and locks in at the wrist for security.
- Strong enough to hold any pro camera/lens/accessory combo. V4 Anchors hold 200lbs (90kg) each.
- Wrap the camera strap around your wrist and wear it as a bracelet via an adjustable magnetic clasp.
Camera straps aren’t always meant to hang around your neck–some people prefer a simple wrist strap. This strap from Peak Design is a great little faux leather strap that has a very serious and adult look to it. It comes in its own little pouch and has two anchor links you can use to attach it to your camera. It can be adjusted and tightened to your liking to prevent any accidental falls off your wrist with its buckle strap. To top everything off, it also comes with a limited warranty that will allow you to get a replacement if yours breaks or is damaged. Pretty awesome!
We could simply go on and on talking about all the reasons this is one of the best camera straps around. If you don’t like neck straps like many people do, this will serve you well. It’s comfortable and does its job. Thumps up for this strap.
USA GEAR TrueSHOT Camera Strap with Black Neoprene Patter
No products found.
The next item we have on this list that feels like one of the best camera straps is the USA GEAR TrueSHOT strap. Compared to the last strap we looked at, this one is actually a neck strap. If you like customization or unique straps, you’ll be pleased to know that this one has 19 colors/patterns to choose from. That is a ton compared to many of the straps we have seen around.
For comfort, it has padding on it as well as pouches for mini accessories or other items you have. And finally, your camera can be removed easily with its buckling system. No need to lift it over your head to take it off.
If you’re into neck straps, this one is super sturdy and has a lot of value. And, if you have any issues with it, it comes with a 3-year warranty. You most likely won’t even have to concern yourself with the warranty, however. As long as you take care of it, it should last you quite a while.
Altura Photo Rapid Fire Camera Neck Strap Features
- LIGHT AND COMFORTABLE: Neoprene pad distributes weight perfectly, with comfortable design shaped to fit perfectly around...
- REINFORCED MATERIALS: Durable reinforced solid metal plate (not plastic!) securely fastens your camera onto the strap....
- FULLY ADAPTABLE: Plate and camera can be attached to a tripod without needing to remove the plate from the camera!...
While the USA GEAR strap is more suited to hanging down in front of you, this Altura strap works better as a shoulder neck strap. Whether you prefer this kind or not, it’s still a great strap. It’s made with a material that won’t rip or break easily along with metal clips to hold your cam; thus, you won’t have to worry too much about it tumbling to the floor.
It also features a storage pouch as well as anti-slip padding to keep it from rubbing on your shoulder. The padding also helps provide comfort by stopping the strap from digging into your skin.
In theory, all of this sounds great, but we have heard of cases where the clips have broken off, causing cameras to fall and take damage. This seems to happen on a case-by-case basis. But, do you want to risk it?
Nordic Flash Waterproof Camera Float – Pack of 2
- Don't lose your camera when swimming or snorkeling, this is a cheap insurance!
- Easy to spot bright marine-yellow fabric, made of soft foam-filled neoprene
- Comfortable floating strap that easily slips onto your wrist
There comes a time in everyone’s life–okay, maybe not everyone–when you just get the urge to take pictures in and under water. But, how? And, what if you drop your phone in the water? You could easily lose it. Travesties like this are why this Nordic waterproof camera strap exists.
What this is is a wrist strap that also functions as a floaty. If you drop your phone, it will float on the surface with this handy strap. It prevents you from losing your camera in the water. This is such a great concept, making this Nordic strap one of the best camera straps for water photography.
One detail of concern is that this strap does not fit very tightly on your wrist. It could easily slip off and float away in the case of many waves. An adjustable wrist strap would provide more safety, but who are we to judge?
Nicama CS1 Rapid Action Camera Shoulder Neck Sling Strap
- High quality made. Strong, secure and heavy duty.
- The length of this strap is adjustable.
- The metal hook and mount plate with very good quality and durable.
Here is another sling strap that sets itself apart from the rest by providing an extra degree of safety. This Nicama CS1 is meant to be worn over the shoulder like the Altura we discussed and has an extra strap that goes underneath your arm. This will ensure that regardless of what happens, the strap won’t fall off your arm.
Now, as for the metal hook mounting system that it comes with, that may be another case. Only time will tell how long they will hold up, but we should all hope for the best. Who wants a broken camera lens?
People always say you get what you pay for, and this is the cheapest strap on this list of best camera straps so far. This strap has received many reviews, so the court of public opinion is out on this one. It has a lot of promise, but how does it fair? You could be the first to find if it truly is one of the best camera straps.
BESTTRENDY Universal Camera Neck Shoulder Strap
- √ High Quality---Our fashion pattern camera strap made for anyone whos wants to add a touch of elegance to their look....
- √ Universal Designed-- The universal interfaces are compatible with cameras of various brands. Whether yo use a...
- √ Elegant Designed-- Simple, stylish and elegant, this is the best way to describe our camera strap. Professionally...
This BESTTRENDY camera strap has a very eloquent look to it. It comes in 3 different patterns–2 floral designs and one polka dot design. The faux leather it’s made of is a great material for straps, and the metal hooks that connect to your camera are sturdy.
So, not only does it look fabulous, but it has a very high-quality construction that will last you quite a while. This is an issue everyone worries about with their straps, so it’s super refreshing to know that that is not the case here. In addition, it functions worn around your neck rather than held over your shoulder.
This made our list of best camera straps because it is both, cute, and well made. It’s perfect for the people who want to look stylish while they work on their photography.
Eggsnow Universal Camera Neck Shoulder Strap
- 【MATERIAL】This camera strap made of high quality pure fashion print cotton canvas webbing.(upgraded camera strap...
- 【UNIVERSAL STRAP】This camera strap fits various DSLR/SLR brands camera like Nikon Canon Sony Olympus Samsung Pentax.
- 【ADJUSTABLE LENGTH】Adjustable length make the camera strap applicable to multi-brand cameras,the length of the...
Much like the BESTTRENDY we just looked at, the Eggsnow Universal shoulder strap comes in several designs. The Eggsnow actually comes in 4 different floral patterns. And, even though these two straps have similar patterns, they are completely different in physical style.
This Eggsnow strap actually looks exactly like a guitar strap that connects to your camera. The only difference is that it does have an anchoring system at the end of the strap to connect to a camera.
The Eggsnow and BESTTRENDY straps are ridiculously similar, but there’s something about the BESTTRENDY that just makes it look chicer. Most likely it is the materials that are used for each strap, but which one is better is most likely just another matter of personal preference.
Scarf Camera Strap with Hidden Pocket
- Stylish and Comfortable Scarf Camera Strap ~ Hidden Pocket for your phone
- Beautiful Pattern and wonderful fabric feel great
- Just released ~ Holds phone, Cash, Charge Cord ~ Pocket size 6.5" x 8"
This one that made our list of best camera straps is super unique because it functions as both a strap and scarf at the same time. If you don’t like how traditional camera straps look, you can wear this scarf and make a fashion statement. There is also a handy pocket inside the scarf that is great for storing SD cards and other accessories.
This scarf strap makes for a great way to do some inconspicuous picture taking. And, if you’re worried about the designs, you shouldn’t. There are 25 different designs you can choose from. You’ll never have to not worry about matching your scarf with your outfit!
As this scarf proves, straps don’t have to be so bland. You can take pictures and look fashionable while doing it!
TARION Camera Shoulder Neck Strap Vintage Belt
- [Classic and Vintage] This vintage and classic camera strap is made of high quality and durable cotton yarn and PU...
- [Strong and Comfy] Anti-slip surface helps to prevent accidental slip of your expensive equipments.
- [Adjustable Length] Ergonomically adjustable length on both ends for all photographers at different heights, total...
Is this TARION camera shoulder neck strap one of the best camera straps due to its pure strength? Maybe. According to tests performed on this strap, it can hold up to 22 pounds. That’s quite a bit considering the average camera weighs less than 5 pounds.
The strap has gained quite a fan following due to these statistics that TARION has put out. It also comes in 4 different colors that are very gender-neutral. They could fit with both men or women’s clothing.This strap gets it right by showing you how much weight it can hold. This is a convincing argument as to why this is one of the best shoulder straps out there right now.
OP/TECH USA Mirrorless Strap
- Ideal neck strap for lightweight Mirrorless cameras and other small SLR cameras
- Comfortable neoprene pad backed with a non-skid surface
- Easy to attach with 1. 5mm mini QD loops (included); Note: if your camera has lugs designed for split rings, we...
Last but not least is this mirrorless strap from OP/TECH USA. Like many other camera straps, it has a very convenient buckling system that lets you take your camera off with ease.
The strap is designed for smaller cameras, so using it with heavy cameras is not advised. It’s also very versatile as that it works well around your neck or over your shoulder. You get to hold the camera where you want without actually have to worry about the strap.
After much deliberation, we have identified the strap takes the cake here.We feel that the TARION camera shoulder neck strap is the best among all of these for several reasons. The main reason is the amount of weight it can hold, which gives us confidence that we don’t have to worry about it breaking. The second reason is that it is simplistic. And finally, we liked that fact that the strap was decorative and gender-neutral.
We felt that some of these best camera straps were more about style over substance. We looked at practicality first–and then style. All of these are great straps, but there can only be one winner here. The TARION is the clear winner among this list of best camera straps–at least for us. How about you? Which is your favorite? We would love to hear your opinion on the matter and see how our thoughts compare.