Dear photographers, welcome to another article on how to grow your photography business. This time we want to be more specific about choosing memorable photography business names. In the past we have written about choosing the right name for your photography business and we’ve briefly discussed about the topic in our post on starting a successful photobiz too. As there are so many aspects to consider, we’ve thought it is high time to come up with even more useful, updated info and illustrative examples. Be it funny, catchy or just super-easy to remember, a photo business name can attract more exposure, and thus more clients.
You can find plenty of tips and tricks across the web and still find it difficult to choose the ‘perfect’ biz name. We love it when our articles are as helpful and specific as possible, so let’s have a look at other photographers’ choices that proved to be successful.
Before going further, keep in mind that the perfect photography business names not only should be unique, but also steal a smile.
1. Catchy Photography Business Names Encountered Online
What would attract the attention of future clients more than a humorous business name, especially when related to photography catchy phrases? Check out these names already taken by fellow professionals from around the world:
Just Shoot Me Studio Photography
Which one grabs your attention? Would you choose any of these?
2. Creative Business Names Encountered Online
Another way to enhance the presence and popularity of your business in your area is by associating your name with your niche or with something able to inspire a sense of wonder. For example, if you are a wedding photographer, find a creative formula to link it to what distinguishes your sector of expertise. As seen below, phrases like ‘I Do!’ or ‘Kiss the Bride’ and ‘photography’ make a perfect combination. ‘Two of a Kind Wedding Photography’ could be another option to consider.
Also, if you are a portrait photographer go for something like ‘Breathless Portrait Photography’, ‘Frozen in Time Portraits’ or something simple like ‘Natural Beauty Portrait Photography’.
What do the following photography business names suggest to you? Is there any of them which you find appealing?
Honey Lens Photography & Videography Art
Full Exposure Photography
3. Memorable Business Names Encountered Online
A powerful business name should not only be catchy but also short and easy to remember. Here are some examples:
Cool Kids Studio
4. Turn Your Name Into a Brand
Depending on what your business aims are, using your name is not only the most convenient option when looking for business naming, but also a great idea if you consider building a brand.
As you are at the center of your business it is simply natural to use your own name to promote your services. But building a brand takes more than using your name in reference to your photographic work. If you take a look at huge names in the industry, these photographers have built strong profiles and also a fan community.
What to Consider When Turning Your Business Name Into a Personal Brand:
- Think of your business as to a brand character and make your profile contain both personal and professional information. Fans and clients alike are always crazy about the private life and preferences of the ‘artist’. Spice your About Page up, in case you have a website, with things that not everyone knows about you.
- Engage with your clients. Give them the opportunity to reach out to you in diverse forms. Feedback is important.
- Share your expertise. If writing is your thing as well, why not creating a blog where you can share your experiences and talk about projects? Your followers would love it.
- Networking is the key to any promotion strategy. Your business name will stand for all your social media profiles, which would definitely bring you more exposure.
- Consider your branding name in every little thing you do related to your business, from interacting with your clients to participating in different events and workshops. Your name is your brand.
What do the following photography names say to you?
Your photography business name should convey a message. Maybe it is the promise of a memorable experience, maybe it inspires something highly creative. Anyhow, it should capture the attention and curiosity of your clients just like your amazing pictures do.
Choosing the ideal photography business names is essential for gaining more popularity. However, it is only one marketing objective among others. Before choosing it, make sure you know your target audience and what new opportunities such a name can attract in your market.
If you are interested in promoting your business online, for instance, take note that your website bears your biz name which practically makes it your visiting card. Before deciding on it, check if the domain is available as to avoid an unpleasant surprise.
Also, your photo business name will appear on all your social media sites. Is your biz name catchy enough to get you more clients?
I hope you this post proves useful to you. If you have any suggestions or thoughts to share on the topic, feel free to leave a message in the comment box below. We love it when our readers engage with our content.