So you’ve been photographing for awhile. You’re fairly well known in the industry, and most of your business comes to you through referrals.
You have the business part down, and you are ready to try something new. Now what?
I had those same thoughts seven years ago. So I decided to take on a new venture.
Creating a coffee table book out of my photography.
Every page is filled with four color images, and a quote that expresses why its so important to girls and women to be a bride.
I actually created this book for two reasons.
1. To sell it to consumers, and have an entirely new stream of income.
2. To use it as a promotional item within my business to grow my expertise.
How many wedding photographers can say they have a published book using their wedding photography?
If you’re ready to set out on a new destination, it is possible.
1. Plan on learning a ton of new information. For me, that meant self publishing, and working with people in Singapore to get the book completed.
2. Look for mentors. I can’t stress this enough. No matter what direction you’re going, someone has been there first. Rely on what they have to say, and you’ll cut your learning curve down tremendously.
3. Have fun with it. It’s amazing what you can do if you set your mind to it.