E-mail is now common place in the photography business world, and yet itâ€™s surprising on how little people know and understand its ability. What works in an email? And what doesnâ€™t?
Provide a proper subject line, one that will make a person want to open your email. With all of the known viruses plaguing emails, people will more often then not delete an email if they are unsure what itâ€™s about.
- Do not make your email downloadable.Â Provide an email that explains what you are sending, and then use attachments. Again, with viruses plaguing emails, people will not open up a document if they are unsure of what it is.
- Keep your email short and to the point.
- Provide name, addresses, email address, web site addresses, and phone numbers. Nothing is more frustrating than wanting to contact someone for more information, and not knowing how.
- Hyperlink all web addresses for ease to the reader.
- Check all links before sending the email. If you are unsure of what you are sending, send it to yourself first, check all hyperlinks, and then send to your client.
- Check spelling! If you canâ€™t figure out to spell check in your email program, type up your email in Word, spell check, than copy and paste the message back in your email program.
- Do not use all capital letters. So much is written on this subject, and yet I still get emails that are capitalized. Capitalized phrases are the same as screaming â€“ you donâ€™t want to be screaming at a potential client.
- Do not include images in your email. Instead, direct them back to your web site for more detail descriptions.
- If you are going to be emailing people on a regular basis, get permission. Simply put a clause at the bottom of the email that gives them a way of taking themselves off of your list. You do not want an irate customer if you can avoid it!
Helping your photography business, how to start a digital wedding photography business and wedding photography business visit virtualphotographystudio.com and keep up-to-date with all of the photography happenings via our free newsletter.