Whether you are an amateur photographer or a more seasoned one, an online photography training course is exactly what you need to refine your skills and knowledge in this form of art. Learning photography anytime, anywhere and in your own available time is perhaps the greatest benefit offered by an online photography school. Maybe you want to develop your Photoshop skills, your portrait photography knowledge, and abilities, or you just want, to become an expert in travel photography. No matter what your passion is, some of the best online photography schools out there offer detailed courses and even one-on-one training. Today we will look at some of the best online photography schools and see their major advantages.
One of the most prestigious accredited online photography schools, the New York Institute of Photography offers nine online photography courses that address both the amateur photographer and even the professionals. All the online courses are prepared by pro and awarded photographers, and the school itself is licensed by the New York State. Let’s take a look at this online photography school and its great offer.
Online Photography Courses:
- Beginner Photography Course: this course introduces the amateur photographer into the digital world, teaching them the basics of this art;
- Professional Photography Course: it is specialized in landscape, nature, travel, journalism, weddings, portraits, studio photography and still life;
- Photoshop for Photographers: prepared by Adobe certified experts, the course offers introductive and advanced teachings in Photoshop, Lightroom, and Elements;
- Video Making Course: it is dedicated to advanced photographers who want to step up their game and become pros at using the video cameras as well;
- Wedding Photography Course: it teaches the participants the professional techniques of wedding photography;
- Portrait Photography Course: it teaches the participants the fine-tuned techniques of capturing individuals, groups of people, children and pets;
- Travel Photography Course: one of the most appreciated courses, this one trains the participants in learning the language of travel photography, including landscape, nature, still life but also photojournalism and documentary;
- Marketing for Photographers: dedicated to pros, this course teaches photographers to find their business niche, sell their products and brand themselves successfully.
The Academy of Art offers an accredited Photography online course that allows the students to obtain an Associate of Arts, a Bachelor, and Master Degree in Fine Arts in Photography. One of the greatest advantages of following this online photography school is that it provides the participants not only with the best photography courses but also with recommendations for their future. In other words, it teaches its graduates what to do with their degrees after finishing the courses. The Academy of Art University focuses on three main and important fields of photography:
- Fine Art Photography
- Advertising / Photo Illustration
Future-oriented, the experts teaching at this online photography school emphasize on the graduates’ ability to find the best working niches and start a successful career.
Combining theory with practice, this is one of those online photography schools offering a wide variety of courses for the beginners and the advanced photographers. Combining theory with practice, this school doesn’t emphasize on deadlines, but it does indeed emphasize on quality. The courses are prepared by some of the most appreciated pro photographers and they have an element of novelty which is important to be highlighted: the courses teach more than just skills, they teach the participants to immerse in the world and see it with different eyes, sense it, feel it and understand it from a unique point of view.
Online Photography Courses:
- The Gold Package: this 14-course module teaches the participant to re-discover his/her world, manipulate reality through the use of the camera, create dramatic effects, make advanced compositions and even create their portfolio for future employment opportunities.
- The Silver Package: based on 14 modules, this course teaches participants to find inspiration from photography masters, manipulate reality, use specific color techniques, discover their style and create advanced compositions.
- The Bronze Package: organized in 14 modules, this course introduces the participant to the world of photography and the discovery of the world through the camera lens; it also teaches participants different photography styles and basic photography compositions.
One of the most prestigious photography schools online, Bryan Peterson School of Photography uses some of the best instructors in the country. They are specialized in different types of photography (from advertising to creative portraits and beyond), thus offering their students a very wide area of expertise. The courses address everybody, from beginners to pros, allowing them to either set the foundation for a future career in photography or develop on their hobby.
Online Photography Courses:
- Understanding Exposure
- The Art of Seeing
- Mastering Nikon Flash Photography
- Mastering Canon Flash Photography
- Capturing the Face
- iPhone Photography
- Posing and Directing
- Photoshop Elements Essentials
- Travel Photography I and II
- Food Photography Au Naturel
- Intro to Lighting with Strobes
- Photography Magic
- Pet Photography
- Street Photography
- Capturing the Beauty of Flowers
- Lensbaby Magic
- Stretching Your Frame of Mind
- Creating Compelling Compositions
- Fine Art Nature Photography
- The Use of Gestalt in Photography
- Photoshop Layers Fundamentals
- Introduction to Food Photography
- Lightroom for Everyone
- Wedding Photography
The online courses of this online photography school last 4 or 6 weeks. At the end of the course, the participant may opt for another one, thus strengthening his skills and increasing his chances to become a professional photographer in a chosen area.
Dedicated mostly to beginners, this is one of the best online photography schools for those who want to test the waters and get the best introduction to the world of photography. Prepared by professional freelance expert photographers, the courses include interactive assessments and permanent mentorship. The main goal of the online course is to transform the amateur photographer into a pro who can make a living from freelance photography. The Photography Institute focuses on all aspects of photography, ranging from the use of the camera to selling high-quality photos to newspapers and websites.
There are plenty of other online photography schools, and if you are interested in taking such online courses, we recommend you to carefully analyze each and every one of them, depending on your skill level, passion, or interests.
For further info, take a look at our selection of top photography schools in the US. If you have any questions or suggestions, drop us a line in the comment section below. Cheers!