Whether you are an amateur or a professional, participating in photography contests is a great chance to gain both popularity and valuable experience. Check out our list of photographic competitions in 2015, send them your best shots and win some amazing prizes.
National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest 2015
National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest is an annual competition gathering best travel photos from around the world. If you have amazing travel experiences to share, this is the right competition for you. Visit Traveler Photo Contest Official Page to have a look at the latest entries and learn more about how to submit your artwork. Give it a shot!
Closing Date: June 30, 2015
- The 27th annual edition of National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest is now open for photographers who have reached the age of majority in their states and who do not reside in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan or Syria.
- In order to submit your image, you need to complete a form and pay an entry fee of $15.
- The number of entries per person is unlimited.
- All digital images are required to be 20 MB or smaller and at least 1,600 pixels wide (for horizontal images) or 1,600 pixels tall (for vertical images).
- Format: JPEG/ JPG.
- Travel Portraits
- Outdoor Scenes
- Sense of Place
- Spontaneous Moments
- 1st PRIZE
First place winner gets an eight-day National Geographic Photo Expedition in Costa Rica and the Panama Canal with airfare for two.
- 2nd PRIZE
First runner-up wins a six-day National Geographic Photo Expedition: Winter Wildlife in Yellowstone for two.
- 3rd PRIZE
Second runner up gets a six-day cruise from Schooner American Eagle and Heritage for two.
They also have 7 MERIT PRIZES consisting of:
- A $200 gift certificate to B&H Photo
- National Geographic Masters of Photography course on DVD
All winners will receive a subscription to Traveler magazine.
Submit your best shots now to win one of these generous prizes.
World Palm Portraits Photography Competition 2015
If you think you can increase awareness on the attributes of palm oil through the power and beauty of pictorial compositions, Malaysian Palm Oil Council (MPOC) created World Palm Portraits Photography Competition especially for you. ‘Discover Nature’s Gift’ and share your results to win prizes worth $12,000.
Closing Date: June 30, 2015.
- The third edition of World Palm Portraits Photography Competition is open to all photographers around the world, professional or amateurs.
- You must be 18 years of age or above.
- You are required to use a digital camera capable of at least 8 megapixels. Photos taken with a smartphone camera or PDA are not eligible.
- You can enter one or all categories of the competition.
- Image minimum size: 3 MB (minimum resolution of 300 dpi).
- Format: only JPG/JPEG formatted photos.
- You may submit up to 20 images.
As regards Copyright terms, by entering the competition you agree to grant MPOC and to its partners full ownership of your photos. Your images may be used to promote the contest or other contests within Malaysia and internationally. The terms do not exclude other purposes as well. By entering the contest, you warrant that you are the owner of the images and these have not been used for commercial purposes before.
- Nature & Wildlife
- People & Portraits
- Black & White
- Fine Art & Photo Manipulation
The prizes for EACH category are:
- 1st PRIZE: $2,000
- 2nd PRIZE: $1,000
For more information about the competition and how you can submit your work, please access palmportraits.com.my.
The Eros Magazine – Fine Art Nudes Photo Contest
The TZIPAC team announces the launch of an online digital magazine designed to celebrate and showcase the art behind nude photography. The magazine will also display other forms of art media, including traditional photography medium, painting and digital animation.
Closing Date: 30 Jun 2015
- Fine Art Nudes Photo Contest is open to all photographers worldwide.
- Submitting your artwork is cost-free.
- Photos are required to be 8 bit, 1500 pixels on the longest side, 72 dpi.
- Image maximum size: 500 KB.
- Format: JPG/ JPEG only.
- Color space: RGB or sRGB.
- You may submit up to 5 images.
- Ensure there are no identifying borders, marks or logos on your photos.
Concerning copyright, you must warrant that you are the author of the artworks you submit and that you own all the rights to use the images.
The competition judges are looking for unique skills and artistic perspectives on nude photography.
- 1st PRIZE
The winner of the Grand Prize will receive a 20 page feature in first issue of The Eros Magazine and will be showcased in The Eros Magazine Winners Online Gallery.
- 2nd PRIZE
The first runner up will receive a 10 page feature in The Eros Magazine – Issue 1, and will be showcased in their Winners Online Gallery.
- 3rd PRIZE
The second runner up will also receive a 10 page feature in The Eros Magazine – Issue 1 and will be showcased in their Winners Online Gallery.
All finalists will be displayed in the first issue of The Eros Magazine and showcased in their Winners Online Gallery. Make sure you check your email as you will be notified in case you are one of the photographers featured in online winner’s galleries.
For more information on how to submit your work, please check their contest page.
National Park Photo Contest 2015
If you are a nature photography aficionado, enter National Park Photo Contest with your best landscape or wildlife picture to win a Tamron camera lens or accessory and be featured in a 2016 National Park Journal.
Closing Date: 31 Aug 2015
- The competition is opened to all residents of the US and the entry is free of charge.
- There is a limit of 5 entries per person.
- You can help the judges decide on the best shots by voting your favorites online.
Regarding Copyright, by entering the competition your photos become the property of the Sponsor and they have full rights to use your images for various purposes, including marketing and promotion.
- 1st Prize – valued at $1069
One grand prize winner receives a Tamron SP 150-600mm Di VC USD (for Canon, Nikon and Sony Full-Frame and APS-C DSLR cameras).
- 2nd PRIZE – valued at $629
First runner up will receive a Tamron 16-300mm Di II VC PZD Macro (for Canon, Nikon and Sony APS-C DSLR cameras).
- 3rd PRIZE – valued at $449
Second runner up will receive a Tamron 10-24mm Di II (for Canon, Nikon, Pentax and Sony APS-C DSLR cameras).
- 15 Honorable Mention Prizes valued at $38,50 each
15 mention winners will receive a Leatherman multi tool from Tamron.
Winners will be selected by the end of September 2015.
For additional information on how to submit your work, you can visit the contest official website.