Today I found a great blog post entitled 50 Questions That Will free Your Mind. As I read through them, each one made me think a little differently, and allowed me to expand on the direction I want to take my personal and professional life over the coming years. It really is a great list – one that I think you could read through every day, and gain something new from it.
So after I read through each question a couple of times, I started thinking about what it would take to become a truly happy, successful photographer. What questions would you have to answer to set down the path for this endeavor? This is the list I cam up with.
2. What steps would it take to go from part time to full time?
3. How many clients have you made happy this week?
4. What makes your photography different from other photographers in your niche?
5. What do you love more than anything?
6. If you could do something all day long, and not have to worry about money, what would you do?
7. What would your perfect client look like? What type of photography would they be interested in? How much would they spend?
8. What photographer do you most admire? What steps could you take to make them your mentor, and follow in their footsteps?
9. You’ve taken a great picture. What would make it better?
10. What words could you use to tell your customers how special they are to you?
11. What words do you want to hear from your customers when they talk about your photography?
12. What’s your favorite store? Why? How can you bring their ideas into your own business?
13. What does your ideal workday look like?
14. What does your ideal workweek look like?
15. If you knew you only had 10 years left to live, how much action would you take to make your photography dreams a reality?
16. What’s more important, being a great photographer, or having a successful studio?
17. What could you do this week that would bring you closer to your goals? Don’t have goals? What could you do this week to set your goals?
18. What do your friends think of your idea of having a full time photography studio? Are they holding you back?
19. What group or place could you visit this week to bring in one new client?
20. What could you do to make sure you are on track to make your photography dreams a reality?
21. What are you doing differently today than you did one month ago? One year ago?
22. What do you want to be doing differently one year from now?
23. Where could you find an extra 30 minutes today to do something towards making your photography dreams a reality?
24. In 5 years, how do you see yourself spending your perfect day?
25. When you die, what do you want to be remembered for?
What would you add?